Dear Mr. Rock,
I think that you would be a welcome addition to the blogosphere if you were to post revealing thoughts about parenting…and your life in general.
Not convinced? Here are a few good reasons:-
- You would be able to tap into a unique niche (fairly young, very famous, fathers who blog)
- You are hilarious
- You seem very approachable – more like the guy next door – and less like a movie star. That would make your posts relatable – something that is very important when trying to establish a *voice* in the community
- You are inquisitive and have a very interesting view on mundane things in life (case in point, Good Hair – who would have thought that a simple topic like hair relaxers could be *woven* into be such an interesting film!)
- Yours would be the only blog that both my husband and I would subscribe to. I think that would be true for a lot of other couples too.
- Even if your content were mediocre, you have the clout and cash to offer amazing giveaways that would have readers flocking to your site. Here a few random suggestions – some might be a bit cheesy – but I guess it depends on the ‘feel’ of your blog.
- Autographed DVDs of your movies (perfect for the at-home date night)
- Gift cards to clothing stores, spas, house cleaning providers
- Lunch date with you Oprah
- You would get lots of ideas for your next project (movie, documentary, book etc) from feedback you receive from readers
- Your family is gorgeous – so the personal photos on your blog would be beautiful and inspirational
- Your acting career would soar even higher because you could receive lots of plugs from your very influential fellow bloggers
In closing, if it turns that the quick Google search extensive research I did was incorrect, and you do actually have a personal blog, please check out Mama Kat’s Awesome Writer’s Workshop. I did!
Today’s post is inspired by:-